I love Harry Potter and I love Halloween so what better way to celebrate them than to have a Harry Potter Halloween Party?! This year was our fourth "annual" HP/H Party in the last five years. The parties have been a joy in my life. I'm so thankful to J.K. Rowling and her amazing imagination in writing the HP series. Her imagination sparked creativity in me that I think was hiding deep down inside me somewhere. The parties always have the same format: four classes, a dessert feast, a final challenge and shopping at Honeydukes Candy Shoppe. (Although one year, Honeydukes was Weasley Wizard Wheezes.)
There are so many things I love about putting the parties together but the very best thing is having all of my friends help with the parties. They are all so willing to help with everything - setting up, cleaning up, teaching classes, loaning me all of their chairs, hauling banquet tables to and from the church, loaning me their home to use as the Department of Mysteries (thank you, Angela!), loaning me a boa constrictor (twice), building a fortune-telling ghost booth, downloading video and music, building a coffin, hanging candles from my living room ceiling, taking photos, taking videos, and leaving bags of candy at my front door to use for the candy shoppe.
Then there are my friends that spend just as much time putting their costumes together as I do putting the party together - I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment