"Auntie" Michelle is a great friend of mine I met when I was living in Portland. We ended up being roommates for a year. She set Jeff and I up on a blind date 15 years ago so I love her dearly. She moved to Salt Lake City in 1996. Jeff and I moved here a year later, just three weeks before Adam was born. She doesn't have any kids of her own yet, so luckily, she has "adopted" mine. Adam and Ethan have grown up with Auntie Michelle and they LOVE her. She has the most fun and crazy personality that my kids gravitate to. Whenever she sees them she gives them big bear hugs and smothers them with sloppy kisses. And they let her! She is one of the elite three (Jeff and I are the other two) that they tolerate that kind of affection from. They miss her when we go too long without seeing her.
She invited us to all go on a hike with her to Donut Falls last Saturday. We hadn't seen her in months. My kids hate hiking but when they found out we'd be going with Auntie Michelle, they were so excited! When she came to our house to pick us up for the hike, she mauled them with her hugs and kisses. They were in heaven.
We all had the best time on the hike. It was a gorgeous day and the kids had such a great time collecting rocks and sticks and walking in the water. Ethan chased after a fox, a chipmunk and a few butterflies. Jeff, Michelle and I enjoyed the cool weather. Michelle brought homemade chocolate chip cookies for all of us to eat on the hike back to the car. At the end of the day, Adam told her she makes our family more exciting! It's so true. Life wouldn't be nearly as fun without "Auntie" Michelle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment